RVR is Sphero’s revolutionary take on the programmable robot. It’s drivable right out of the box, packed with a diverse suite of sensors, and built for customization. RVR is a mobile platform for hackers, makers, educators, and learners.
Download the Sphero Edu app to drive or program RVR all over. Seriously. RVR is equipped with all-terrain treads, a powerful motor, and plenty of torque so you can go faster and farther. Obstacles or uneven surfaces won't affect RVR's ability to drive straight. Thanks to a sophisticated, vector-based control system, RVR goes where you want it to go.
Driving RVR is just the beginning. RVR’s extremely hackable platform, featuring a 4-pin UART and an onboard power source, allows you to connect and run third-party hardware like a Raspberry Pi, BBC micro:bit, Arduino or Sphero's own littleBits. Build whatever you want and then take it wherever you want.
- The Go-Anywhere, Do-Anything Programmable Robot: Drive It. Program It. Build On It.
- Drive RVR precisely and accurately right out of the box – no assembly or complicated setup required.
- RVR’s powerful motor, all-terrain treads and high torque give you the freedom to drive just about anywhere.
- This tank-style robot is packed with onboard sensors including a color sensor, light sensor, IR, magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope.
- A removable, rechargeable, high-capacity battery delivers enough juice to power RVR and third-party hardware.
- RVR’s customizable expansion plate is designed to work with most third-party hardware including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, and Sphero’s own littleBits.
- RVR is highly hackable with SDK and API libraries for more advanced hackers and makers.
- Removable cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable and rechargeable battery
- Universal 4-Pin Expansion Port to connect to any third-party hardware (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, Sphero's littleBits)
- 5V 2.1A USB-A onboard connectivity to power your projects using RVR’s battery.
- Compatible and programmable with the Sphero Edu app
- Recommended for children age 8+
WARNING! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Choking hazard due to small parts.
- Age Recommendation
- Age 8+