With this adapter, it’s possible to install the Danalock smart lock on an existing cylinder without the need to replace it. Therefore you need an own key which has to be cut off and inserted on the inside of the door. It is used as linker between the cylinder and Danalock. The adapter and mounting plate are screwed to the danalock and then plugged onto the existing cylinder. Finally, the adapter can be fixed to the cylinder securely.
The adapter is compatible with all common Euro profile cylinders. Requirement is, that the cylinder sticks out at least three millimeters from the door escutcheon on the inside of the door. That ensures that the mounting plate can be fixed to the cylinder. The existing cylinder must have an emergency feature: The door can still be operated from the outside with a physical key even when a key is already inserted on the inside.
- Adapter for mounting the Danalock to an existing cylinder
- Own key needs to be cut off, inserted into the cylinder and is used as linker between cylinder and Danalock
- Compatible with common Euro profile cylinders
- Existing cylinder needs to stick out at least three millimeters on the inside of the door
- Only works with cylinders with emergency feature