Rev up STEAM learning with the indi Student Kit— a complete learning solution designed to engage 1-3 students at a time. This kit includes indi— our entry-level robot designed to introduce early learners to the fundamentals of computational thinking, STEAM, and computer science principles. indi encourages open-ended, imaginative play-based learning with real-life scenarios as your students build custom mazes, solve puzzles, and drive. The Student Kit includes 15 Beginner’s Programming Challenge Cards, 20 durable silicone color tiles, and carrying case. And you don’t even need a screen to take the wheel. indi offers an unplugged experience with an on-board color sensor. Students can also kick their programming skills into high gear with more learning options in the free Sphero Edu Jr app.
The Student Kit is designed to engage small groups of early learners of all abilities as they embark on their coding and robotics journey. They navigate indi through any environment by creating different tracks and working together to solve puzzles and challenges. Send indi home with students for at-home learning or homeschool lessons to ignite a passion for problem solving and encourage creative expression.
Computational Thinking Made Fun
The indi learning robot offers unplugged and connected coding experiences that sharpen creative problem-solving and computational thinking skills. Kids learn the basics of programming with the color cards or level up with Sphero’s all new drag and drop blocks in the Sphero Edu Jr app. They control how indi reacts to the world through intuitive yet powerful programming blocks. This way they can reprogram how indi responds to different colors by choosing from a variety of movements, lights, and sounds that appear when navigating over the associated color tile. Students learn cause and effect, pattern recognition, the basics of block coding, and understand abstraction—all while having fun!
- Student Kit includes one indi learning robot to engage groups of one to three students.
- Includes carrying case for the robot and its accessories.
- Programmable robot for learning the basics of coding.
- The robot is equpped with an integrated color sensor which allows kids to instruct indi how to move and operate.
- With the Sphero Edu Jr. App kids may reprogramm the way indi responds to different colors with programming blocks.
- Kids solve puzzles, create and design mazes and navigate indi through them.
- Teaches creativity, problem solving as well as computational thinking skills.
- May be used with or without the app.
- 15 Beginner’s Programming Challenge Cards to get students started.
- Sphero Edu Jr. App is available for iOS, Android and via the Amazon Appstore.
- Suitable for kids ages 4 to 8.
- What’s in the box: 1x robot, 1x charging cable, 20x silicon color cards (colored cards that instruct indi how to move and operate), 2x decorative sticker sheets to customize indi, 1x Beginner’s Guide to Programming Booklet for indi, 1x carrying case, 15x challenge cards.
- Max top speed: ~1.6 m/s
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Bluetooth range: 30 ft (10m)
- Playtime on full charge: more than 1 hour
WARNING! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Choking hazard due to small parts.
- Age Recommendation
- Age 4+