The Sphero RVR+ is a programmable robot and has been developed and now optimized especially for school and educational use. It is equipped with a variety of light and color sensors that can be customized. The RVR+ offers various options and expandable features for programmers of all experience levels.
IMPROVED TECHNOLOGY AND SENSORS
In addition to the integrated light sensor, Infrared (IR) sensor, accelerometer and a gyroscope, the RVR+ features an improved color sensor. This allows the robot to be programmed to recognize colors in its environment. Furthermore, the programmable robot has an improved gearbox with a ratio of 40 to 1, with a maximum speed of one meter per second achievable. Thanks to the revised and replaceable battery with charge indicator, it is possible to work on programs, inventions and projects without downtime. The battery can be recharged using the USB-A charging cable, which is included in the scope of delivery.
PROGRAMMING WITH THE SHPERO EDU APP
For advanced programmers, the Sphero RVR+ offers expansion options to use additional third-party hardware. Using a 4-pin UART expansion port, the RVR+ robot can additionally be connected to various third-party hardware, such as Raspberry Pi, BBC micro:bit, Arduino or Sphero's littleBits, and so can be modified and programmed as desired. The Sphero Public SDK (Software Development Kit) and API libraries, which offer a group of tools and third-party hardware, are ideally suited for this purpose.
The Sphero RVR+ is ready to use without any prior assembly. Furthermore, the RVR+ is compatible with the accessories and extras of the previous RVR model.
CAUTION: Not suitable for children under 8 years of age! Choking hazard due to small parts that may be swallowed.
- Programmable robot for programmers and programmers of all levels of experience
- Powerful motor drives over terrain and obstacles
- Removable, powerful rechargeable battery with charge indicator
- Programming options for beginners:
- Drawing: A path is drawn in the Sphero Edu app for the RVR+ to follow.
- Blocks: Programming blocks are strung together and connected to control RVR+.
- Advanced programming capability using Sphero SDK (Software Development Kit) and API interfaces
- Third-party hardware compatibility using a 4-pin UART expansion connector
- Third-party hardware programs such as Raspberry Pi, BBC micro:bit, Arduino, and Sphero littleBits.
- Sphero Edu app is available for MacOs/iOS, Android, Kindle, Google Chrome and Windows
- Accessories from the previous RVR model are compatible with the RVR+
- Recommended for children 8 years and older
- In the box: 1x Sphero RVR+ robot, 1x removable protective cover, 1x removable mounting plate, 1x removable roll cage, 1x removable and rechargeable battery, 1x battery compartment key, 1x universal 4-pin UART expansion board for connecting third-party hardware, 1x 5V/2.1A USB-A charging cable to power the battery, 5x different color cards
- Gear ratio: 40:1
- Maximum speed: 1 meter per second
- Size: 184 x 216 x 114 mm
- Weight: 1017 g (with battery), 776 g (without battery)
- Age Recommendation
- Age 8+