Take control of improving your health with the most advanced smart body scale. The connected health station integrates the breakthrough technology of segmental body composition, allowing a much higher level of precision the help sport fat and muscle imbalances. Designed to also identify changes in cardiovascular health, it offers a variety of measurements at every weigh-in, including Pulse Wave Velocity, standing heart rate, ECG and Electrodermal Activity Score. The scale recognizes and documents data from up to 8 individual users and automatically syncs all data with the free Withings app. It features a large platform with 14 ITO electrodes made of high-strength tempered glass, a retractable handle in high-resistance thermoplastic with 4 stainless steel electrodes as well as a high-resolution 3.2” LCD color screen display. The battery is rechargeable and one charging process lasts up to one year.
Segmental body composition
Segmental body composition allows the smallest changes in body composition to be identified, mapped, and monitored over time. Body Scan uses multi-frequency Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) to measure body composition ultra-precisely by distinguishing each body part independently including trunk, arms, and legs to reveal more about localized fat findings, and efficiently spot possible muscle imbalances. Metrics delivered include fat and muscle mass in each distinct part of the body.
Heart rate in standing position
The easiest way to measure and track heart rate in standing position, which is an indicator of overall fitness. Increase your activities to gradually decrease your heart rate in standing position.
Electrocardiogram to help detect AFib
At every weigh-in, Body Scan can record a 6-Lead Electrocardiogram, a test often done in a hospital representing the electrical activity of your heart. By performing regular ECGs, you increase the probability to record and detect signs of atrial fibrillation (AFib) a common form of arrhythmia that can lead to serious heart-related complications if left undiagnosed.
Understanding your heart function can require help from an expert. You can easily share all of the results of your 6-lead ECGs with your doctor using our app. If you don't have a doctor to review your results, we provide an integrated ECG review through our cardiology team.
Body Scan is the first-ever smart scale that can measure and assess sweat gland activity, delivered via an Electrodermal Activity Score. EDA is measured by stimulating the nerves that control the sweat glands in the feet and seeing how they respond. A high score means you're within the normal range, indicating normal sweat gland activity. You can help maintain your sweat gland activity by taking care of your overall health via diet or activity.
These metrics can be improved via our habit formation modules and Electrodermal Activity data can be easily shared with doctors so they can help manage any health issues that may arise.
Vascular Age and Pulse Wave Velocity
Get a clearer picture of the age of your arteries with Vascular Age. To determine Vascular Age, Withings’ algorithm analyses the PMW (pulse wave velocity) measurement against the norms for the appropriate age and physical characteristics. These measurements may be especially important for the future: If vascular age is classified significantly higher than chronological age, there may be a higher risk of developing vascular disease later in life. The Withings app will show additional information including an estimation of the vascular age as well as exercise and nutrition advice to improve cardiovascular health.
The scale is also capable of measuring the speed at which wave heart-generated waves move along the arteries. A low pulse Wave Velocity indicates better heart health: you can work towards decreasing it and improve cardiovascular health with proper diet & exercise.
Pregnancy mode allows easy weight tracking throughout pregnancy and provides personalized recommendations. With the baby mode you get accurate weight measurements by just holding them in your arms. By activating the athlete mode, the scale’s algorithms will adjust to ensure you get the most accurate data. The pacemaker mode is designed for users who wear a pacemaker and disables undetectable electric signals sent to perform body composition measurements which could interfere with the functioning of the medical device. With the Eyes Closed mode weight and body measurements get swapped for motivational messages to focus on the overall progress, rather than on specific numbers.
To help users go one step further in improving their health, Body Scan is compatible with the Withings+ service. This paid service is aligned with user data and follows theories of behavorial science. With access to the latest measurement data, detailed analysis, daily support and content modules, users are guided daily in developing a healthy routine.
Accurate readings can be obtained thanks to Position Control™ technology, a unique body position detection function.
- Smart scale with retractable handle serving as connected health station for measuring important vital parameters: weight, BMI, segmental body composition, ECG, vascular age, pulse wave velocity, standing heart rate, Electrodermal activity score. basal metabolic rate and metabolic age
- Four weight sensors (weighing range 5-200 kg) and body position detection through Position Control™ technology for highly accurate weighing in 50g increments
- Body composition: monitors whole body composition (whole body fat, muscle mass, water percentage, bone mass) plus fat and muscle mass for each body part independently
- ECG can detect AFib
- Athlete / pregnancy / baby / Eyes Closed / Pacemaker modes
- Patented Heart rate measurement technology (unit: bpm (heart beats per minute))
- Measurement of pulse wave velocity and vascular age
- Diet tracking to set a weight goal and control the daily calory budget
- Daily weather forecast, and activity repot (with WLAN connection)
- Power supply: Rechargeable Li-ion battery with a battery life of up to one year
- Free and unlimited online storage of weight data. Stores up to 16 values when wireless synchronization is not available
- Display: High resolution 3.2” LCD color screen
- Large platform with 14 ITO electrodes made of high-strength tempered glass
- Retractable handle in high-resistance thermoplastic with 4 stainless steel electrodes
- Recognizes and documents data from up to 8 individual users
- Withings+: Compatible with the paid service Withings+ to help user embrace a healthy routine. When purchasing a Body Comp scale Withings+ is free for three months.
- Wireless sync: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, compatible with WEP/WPA/WPA2 personal networks; Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy (Smart Ready) connectivity
- Apps: Withings app for iOS (iOS 14 or higher) and Android (10.0 or higher), web dashboard and over 100 other compatible apps and services
- Measurements: 35.6 x 32.5 x 2.1 (4.6 with handle) Centimeters
- What’s in the box: Body Scan scale, USB-C cable, quick start guide